Sunday 3 January 2016

BLOG 281


BLOG 281

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May all your corners sharp and all your seams be secure.

It has been a busy festive season here, with the traditional family gatherings and excesses. And then suddenly, it is all over for another year and there is a new page open in the diary, ready to be filled. I look forward to doing this with anticipation; we all love new beginnings. No resolutions are made for me to break, I shall just go with the flow and see where life take me.

Now, as I haven’t picked up my needle yet, I thought I would start off the year by sharing The Amaryllis Wars sequence of pictures with you.

Background: A trio of good chums, who met through patchwork classes, continued to meet regularly for catch-ups throughout the year. One chum buys the other two chums an amaryllis bulb each. This chum here decides to throw down the gauntlet to the other chum there to see whose amaryllis grows the tallest. Sounds simple doesn’t it but you wouldn’t believe the skulduggery that was afoot and the lengths some people would go to ……….


AMARYLLIS WARS Part 1

 
         Me: Settling in

             G: Brandy booster

          Me: Intra-stem-ous drip

 
              G: TLC

           Me: Measuring up


           G: Support worker

           Me: Support staff

          Me: Extra rays

             G: Support collar

            Me: Workout


I hope you laughed along with us! There’s more of this nonsense to come next week!

2 comments:

  1. Love it Dilys. I had no idea Competitive Amaryllis Growing could be so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Jayne. If you enjoyed today's blog, you will enjoy the one to come as we get more outrageous with Dillaryllis and Cinderyllis. Catch up with you this week at Gresford.
      Dilys

      Delete