Sunday 5 January 2020

BLOG 477

Blog 477
 
Where did the last 2 weeks go? Certainly not on sewing that’s for sure! Christmas/New Year has passed so quickly. For us it was a simple and busy family time, with the odd party invitation and the hosting of a New Year’s meal. The decorations have been taken down and stored in the loft once again and we are luxuriating in the newly established space and tidy order after the Xmas clutter has been cleared. I managed a bit of time-out in my room, but only to create order out of chaos. All my wire storage baskets have been sorted and re-ordered and everything is in its place. Mind you, that sometimes has the effect of stifling creativity as I am loath to disrupt what I have pain-stakingly tidied. I’m sure I will get over it in time!!
 

 
 


          Chaos

 

                               
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
      







Order
 
 
The first thing I am going to do this year is get on with using up my drawer full of scraps. These have been accumulated over many years and are all shapes and sizes. I have to iron them first and then cut what strip(s) I can out of them and put the unusable pieces into a carrier bag. The question is ‘how small do the scraps have to be for me NOT to use them?’ Watch this space.


              Scrap basket
 

Tomorrow I will be attending my first machine embroidery day of 2020 at Suzettes. In the same way as I have collected fabric over the years, machine embroiderers collect threads. This is Pat’s collection of threads, from the palette she happened to be working on at our last session, to her storage boxes. She has 3 of them … is there such a thing as thread envy?!!  


 



          Pat’s palette
 
 

 



         Threads
 

 


            Boxes of threads
 
If you are a regular visitor, welcome back! If you are a new to my blog, welcome! This blog is my journal, a record of my creative endeavours. I post every Sunday evening and the content is usually varied and hopefully interesting. I am raring to go again now and next week I will be firing on all creative cylinders.

I have driven Land Rovers for years and I love them as a vehicle! But the last one has been very troublesome lately and has started to cost serious money (the back axle had to be replaced twice in 4 months!) Enough was enough and just before Xmas we found this little beauty. I have always wanted a red car (in fact I would have bought an old boot on pram wheels as long as it was red!!) and now I have!
 



           New wheels
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

         

No comments:

Post a Comment