Sunday 30 August 2020

BLOG 511

 

Blog 511

 I am back in playing mode this week and enjoying the spontaneity of creative endeavour. This project takes me straight back to my teaching days, many moons ago, when I used to show my method of creating a flower vase/jug as part of a still life wall hanging. I recently came across a folder with some ready-constructed vases/jugs and I made a mental note to use them in the near future. That near future arrived this week and I think this sequence of pictures speaks for itself.

 

Jug

 

With sheers

 

With background

 

With base

 

Daffodil sketch

 

Daffodil fabric (free-cut)

 

Leaves

 

Another flower

 

Several flowers

 

I intend to continue working on this over the next few days as we slowly and inevitably slide into autumn and then winter; the daffodils will remind me that spring will surely come again. The nights are drawing in and the temperatures are dropping gradually, wood has been delivered for our log burner and the radiators have started to click on when necessary. The garden has done its cyclic thing and shrubs are begging to be cut back as they shed their leaves and sink into dormancy. September is my month to saw and cut and slash and lop and do all sort of savage things to my plants. They thrive on it and I get a certain amount of perverted pleasure from the destructive process!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment