Sunday 16 June 2019

BLOG 448

Blog 448
I finished quilting ‘Sampler in the Cabin’ this week and it will be on display next week at Gresford (and it will look better than in the picture!). Hurrah!
             Sampler In the cabin
 
I decided that I needed another felted cushion for my display. I love the work of Moy Mackay and followed her procedure to create one.


          Inspiration
 
 


         Foundation
 
 


         Second layer and sky
 
 


           Foreground
 
 


            More colour
 
 


          Fabric surround
 

              Finished scene
 

               Netting
 
 

          Soap


                                 
           Wet felted
 
Everything went so well and I was very pleased with the result. Because of time constraints I needed to get on with the thread work so I decided to put it in the tumble dryer with a towel. I knew it would get a good pummelling, helping along the felting process. What I didn’t factor into this process was the heat aspect of it! Duh! What I ended up with was a very well felted picture but it was so much smaller and not suitable for the centre of a cushion! So I decided to forget about that and devote the rest of the time to preparing my quilts for the exhibition.
 





             Selection
 
 
         Cushions
 
  

             Organising
  

    Exhibits for Church

 
         Information
 

 
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment