Sunday 11 October 2020

 

Blog 517

 

I’m not entirely sure that I am enjoying working with silks but, never one to be defeated, I have adopted an ‘I’ve started so I’ll finish’ attitude and I will persevere! I think it is very much a leap of faith to slash and sew and slash again in the hope that it will all come right in the end. And because of that insecurity, I find that I am frequently trialling lay-outs on my design wall as I go along. I believe that I have to get to the end of the line of silks (I laid them out in values from dark to light) for this project to work.

  
Medium/medium values

 
Work in progress

 
Trimmings

 
Playing with squares

 
Dark to medium values

 
Medium to light squares

 

With the help of the son of one of my close friends, we have managed to locate a couple of areas that are rich in fossils. Both sites are a couple of miles from our home and it has taken a while for us to be sure exactly where they are. This makes our walks a bit more interesting and there is delight when we come across something worth finding. Of course we don’t really know what we are looking at most of the time but there are plenty of web sites that do! Here are a couple of finds which prove conclusively that our local mountains were once under the sea. Fascinating were it not for the fact that I found it amusing that we were a couple of old fossils looking for fossils!!

 
Burley Hill fossil

 
Moel Findeg fossil

 

It rained heavily this week so gardening was out of the question -   so I broke open a new jigsaw and wiled away the hours busily doing nothing!


Jigsaw

 

No comments:

Post a Comment