Sunday 18 October 2020

BLOG 518



 

Blog 518

 

I have had a lovely week jigsawing. The picture was of wild life and it was a joy to do but a challenge in places. I have always been a person who can’t walk past a jigsaw and the quick progress of this 1000 piece specimen goes to prove that. I always do my jigsaws by concentrating on colour and tone and I invariably start with the reds which seem to jump out from the pile. I was rather impressed when I saw a list of benefits from this activity on Google:

·         Improves your short term memory

·         Exercises the left and right side of the brain at the same time

·         Improves your visual-spatial awareness

·         Great as a tool for meditation and stress relief

 
Jigsaw

 
Detail 1

 
Detail 2

 
Detail 3

 

The same benefits could be applied to Quilt-making and I have done plenty of that over the past 37 years! I am still soldiering on with the silks (slashing, sewing and slashing again) and I have got to the light tones at long last. This is the ‘hard slog’ part of quilt-making and it is pretty tedious but once these final pieces have been completed I can start to play on the design wall and decide what I am going to do with them.

 
Light tones

 

I have always had cats in the house and research tells me that they may make my life happy and healthier. They can reduce stress too so, with cats and jigsaws and quilting in my life, I am so laid back that I am practically horizontal!


Chivers at 24

 

No comments:

Post a Comment