Sunday 21 February 2021

BLOG 536

 

Blog 536

 

I continued to work with the floral wall hanging (as yet unnamed) this week, especially as the weather was bad enough to keep me inside. I generally enjoy all the processes that I use in a project like this but I think it is the free motion stitchery which is the most liberating. It is an essential step in my creative method as it secures the fused shapes to the background and adds detail and depth. What follows now is a series of pictures to show the thread work and the finishing.

 

Thread embellishment 1

 

#2

 

#3

 

#4

 

#5

 

#6

 

#7

 

#8

 

#9

 

#10

 

#11

 

And before I knew it, I was steam ironing the completed masterpiece.

 

Ironing board 1

 

Ironing board 2

 

Corner detail

 

I decided to bind the quilt with the same fabric that I had used on the back. It contained many of the colours that I had used within the design and just seemed appropriate.

 

Binding fabric

 

Finished (yet to be signed, dated and named)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Gwyn. So do I! It's been a joy to make as well. 😃 x

      Delete