Sunday 7 July 2019

BLOG 451

Blog 451
 
When I was demonstrating at the Gresford Show this year, there was a lot of interest in the floral wall hanging shown below. It represents a year in flowers and was created with sheers and threads, using solvable layers. Each flower was done separately in the way I have described below, before being joined together to make the complete wall hanging.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A Year in Flowers
 
I decided to hone up my skills with this technique again and start another series of flowers, beginning with a field poppy. Firstly I drew the flower onto one of the layers. I used a permanent marker knowing that this would disappear with the Solvy. I used 2 pieces of ‘Gutterman’s Solvy’ so I could trap some sheers in between the layers. These small pieces of transparent fabric add a bit of softness to the edges of the flowers and bleed the colour outwards.
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
Pattern and sheers
 
 

 
Progress
 
 




 


 

 
 
 
 
Flowers
 

 

 
 
 
 
Progress 1
 
 

 
Progress 2
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Progress 3
 
This is now ready to be plunged into hot water to dissolve the layers. In the meantime I was asked to make a Taekwondo outfit for my granddaughter’s Mousie! It took most of the afternoon and doesn’t bear close inspections but I did it!!


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Milly Mouse
 
I was sewing the poppy at Suzette’s last week and I am always interested in what others are doing around the table. Here’s a sneak preview.
 
 
 


 
          Peggy
 
 

 



 
 
 
 
   Pat

 

 
 
 
Suzette
 
Ad just for the record, this is the closest my cats have ever been to each other. They were on a windowsill at the farthest corner of the house escaping from the Labradors who were in residence! This is an example of safety in numbers.
 


 
           Cats
 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment