Sunday 15 March 2020

BLOG 487

Blog 487

This blog is a celebration of a finished piece of work! Do I hear you say ‘At long last’? It’s certainly what I am thinking!! That’s not to say that I haven’t enjoyed the whole creative experience but I sometimes just wish I could just make a quilt from beginning to end without being distracted by other things. I just might try it one day and surprise myself. In fact, in this present atmosphere of the coronavirus and voluntary self-isolation, I would be perfectly happy to ‘hole up’ in my playroom. And as far a washing my hands in alcohol is concerned, I’d rather drink it thanks very much!! I know I am being flippant here, that’s just how I deal with things, but I also take comfort from the fact that we are all in this together and, like all things, it will pass.  Be safe everyone!
 

There is loads of free- motion quilting on this wall hanging. The first layer was done extensively through the front and wadding. I then added the backing by placing it RS together on top of the front and turning it through a hole which will be covered by the hanging sleeve. More free-motion texture was added at this stage to give the impression of thread blending.
 

              Glove (for gripping)
 


            Palm of glove (grips)
 


             Detail 1
 


                Detail 2

            Detail 3
 


            Detail 4
 


            Detail 5
 


              Detail 6
 


            Edge detail (turned through and overstitched)
 


           Signature
 


And here we have it: Pansy Patch. And the colours are much more intense than those you see in the following picture. I Love it!!
 


                Pansy Patch
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment