Sunday 5 July 2020

BLOG 503


Blog 503

We have been through yet another week of lockdown. In England, things are starting to lift cautiously but, here in Wales, things are taking a bit longer. Suits me! I think I would be a bit nervous to be out and about mixing with vast crowds of people. We have rather got used to our quiet solitude and the accompanying tranquillity. That said, I do miss interacting physically with the immediate family and, while virtual messaging and chatting fills the void, nothing can replace the joyful spontaneity of close cuddles.
This week I have made another long wall hanging based on Sunflowers. I started on my lap in front of the TV and followed the same system as last week. I used both fabric and sheers to create the flowers and here is the sequence in pictures. This is for sale too so get in touch on dilys.fronks@btinternet.com if you are interested.


Ready


Cut and place


Sheers


Composition


Detail before sewing


Machine stitching


Detail during sewing


Close up


Close up 2


Sunflower wall hanging 11” x 35”


Detail


Signature





No comments:

Post a Comment