Sunday 26 July 2020

BLOG 506


Blog 506

It’s more of the same this week. I have continued to make progress by preparing some more blocks for the Contemporary Sampler. These measure 5 ½” when trimmed so the individual pieces for the blocks are quite small and fiddly to handle. But that’s never stopped me yet so ‘here’s some I prepared earlier’ as the expression goes!


Four Patch

Card Trick


Maple Leaf


Rail Fence


I followed the same procedure of painted fusible, sheers and stitch until I ran out of black cotton thread. This halted my progress somewhat as I had to order some more and await its arrival.
Blocks with fusible


Sheers and stitch


Out of thread


I intend to cover the blocks with free-motion designs. All the darks will be done in the black cotton thread and all the light areas in off-white. And then I fretted about what colour to use for the medium areas. I recalled someone in the mists of time telling me that lilac is a good all-round coloured thread for general sewing as it goes with most colours. So that was what I chose in the end. This project will probably be continued next week … and the week after!!!! There’s a lot of work involved at each stage and although it probably only took you 5 minutes to read this blog, just remember that it took me many hours to provide the visual evidence of progress. Enjoy!


Free motion stitch 1


Free motion stitch 2





No comments:

Post a Comment