Sunday 12 July 2020

BLOG 504


Blog 504

Didn’t it rain this week?! We had weather system after weather system passing over us and we watched the ferocity of most of them from the warm safety of our sunroom. The well in the paddock is now full and the garden has had more water than it knows what to do with!! Lots of the tall plants got battered but they are starting to pick up once more now that the sun is shining. We still managed our daily walk thankfully, finding a gloomy slot between showers. Most walks were exhilarating but the odd one caught us out and we got a bit wet! Rain is excellent news for me because it gives me time and space to go straight to my playroom and play!
This week I started to work my way through another project that has been in my head since finishing the ‘Contemporary Welsh’ quilt.


Contemporary Welsh


 I remember thoroughly enjoying the process of working with felt and adding the layers of painted fusible and sheers before embellishing the surface with stitch and, eventually, a soldering iron. It was great fun and pandered to my love of all things colourful! So this time round I am going to create a ‘Contemporary Sampler’ quilt. Having completed the miniature log cabin blocks in Liberty fabric last year, this will be another (easier and quicker!) way of showcasing the Sampler Quilt. Here’s a repeat of the process as a reminder and I need to add that I was inspired by the work of Susan Lenz. Here’s the story so far!


Fan block (Contemporary Welsh)

In preparation (corner block)


Mass production


Painted fusible


Adding the fusible



Coloured layer


Sheers



Sheer layer



Straight stitching


Outlining

 

Decorative stitch



No comments:

Post a Comment