Sunday 14 March 2021

BLOG 539

 

Blog 539

 

You will probably have registered that I wasn’t that enamoured with the design wall layout that I had prepared last week. I decided that, as I don’t like unpicking (calling it ‘reverse sewing’ makes it less painful!), I was not going to continue to make these rectangles into a large quilt. Instead I made the decision to use up the prepared blocks and the remainder of the rectangles on Linus quilts. I haven’t made any this year so now I have inadvertently provided myself with the ideal opportunity! The individual blocks remain the same; the only difference is that I have used lights to balance the darks.  This has given me a block with many more possibilities rather like the log cabin block.

 

Alternative layout: 1 block

 

I started to play with layouts and it wasn’t long before I got into my stride and started mass producing quilts … well three quilt tops so far! Adding black between the blocks gave a sense of relief and a line of definition.

 

4 Blocks together

 

2 Linus quilt ideas

 

Linus 1 with black

 

Linus 2 with black

 

Here’s the progress on the Linus 3 quilt.

 

Linus quilt 3

 

Progress 1

 

Progress 2

 



Progress 3

 

Progress 4

 
Remaining palette

This week we celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary. We were married on a remote island in the middle of the South Pacific where we were both working all that time ago, and I would do it all again in a heartbeat! One of our daughters made us laugh with her choice of card. As a special gift, the family treated us to a Rick Stein 3-course gourmet meal delivered by a white van. It was a novel idea, well presented with a menu and cooking instructions and there was even a YouTube video if you felt the need to watch it. It tasted delicious and the wine slipped down a bit too easily!


Anniversary card

 

Rick Stein meal

No comments:

Post a Comment