Sunday 2 May 2021

BLOG 546

 

Blog 546

 

You may have gathered that I was rather fed up with my creative flair last week and as a result, I slung the sketch into the bin in disgust!! Later on, I retrieved it because I don’t like to be beaten when an idea doesn’t work the first time. If you tune in next week you will see how this project progressed.

 
Retrieved sketch

 

So, while the scant collection of brain cells process this dilemma on my behalf, I used a tray of ready-cut pinked circles to create a colourful background. Here’s the progression.

 
Palette

 
#1

 
#2

 
#3

 
#4

 

Once I was happy with the flow of colours, I trimmed it into a square and placed it onto wadding. Now it is ready for embellishment and a border. I have made many such cushion fronts and they are easy to do!

 
Cutting board

 
Trimmed

 
On wadding

 
Cushion

 

And finally, I have found a post-it note behind a cushion with the words ‘Thank you’ written on it! Not a big deal you might think. But when you know that it has been behind this cushion for 2 ½ years, it starts to throw a not too favourable light on my house keeping efforts!! When Tess and family stayed for a couple of nights at Xmas over 2 years ago, she used a pad of post-it notes to say’ Thank you’ and she hid them in cupboards, on doors, in baskets, in drawers and (now we know) behind cushions! It was lovely to find them …. But 2 ½ Years later …. I should be mortified but instead it made us all laugh!

 
Post-it label

 

2 comments:

  1. I really like this cushion, and made from scraps makes it even nicer, the colours are lovely. Look forward to seeing the sheep/Labrador next week. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gwyn. Just doing what I love!
      The labrador is shaping up to be a sheep dog again and all will be revealed next week! X

      Delete