Sunday 16 May 2021

BLOG 548

 

Blog 548

 

Continuing on from last week on the collie theme, I decided to have another go. I thought that I would try a version without voiles for comparison, to see which one I preferred. It was the same process again but with altered colouring and here is the sequence.


Collie 1

 
Collie 2 #1 Start

 
Collie 2 #2 In progress

 
Collie 2 #3 Comparison

 
Collie 2 #4 Almost complete

 

There’s a bit more work on this sample and that will give me a second sheepdog that I don’t know what to do with!

 

And as I started to work on another jigsaw, I understood exactly why I enjoy doing these fragmented images. It’s the correct placement of all the smaller bits to make a combined and pleasing whole. I get a lot of help (or hindrance!) from Wussy Pillow who insists on joining me. This particular jigsaw of the main street in Chester (which I know well but haven’t seen for 18 months) was passed on by a friend who said he had spent 5 hours trying to do the sky but couldn’t manage it. So I thought I’d show him how. It was fiendishly hard so I just placed the pieces wherever I could and sent him a picture for a laugh! Not my finest jigsawing moment it has to be said!


Willow and jigsaw

 
Impossible sky!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment