Sunday 9 May 2021

BLOG 547

 

Blog 547

 

This week I continued to do more work on the sketches of the sheep dog in stalking mode. I find it quite therapeutic to draw of an evening and with persistence eventually an image started to emerge. This spurred me on to making a working pattern. The first two sketches are worked with the mosaic shading I like to do and it was this style that I was definitely going to do when I got to my playroom.


Pic 1

 
Pic 2

 

 
Pic 3

 
Pic 4

 

You can see from the pattern below that I started to make mosaic shading marks but once I started to work with fabric, I went in another direction entirely! This sequence of pictures illustrates the creative progress that I made.

 
Pic 5


 
Pic 6

 
Pic 7

 
Pic 8

Pic 9

Pic 10

 
Pic 11

 
Pic 12

 

Once the image was complete, I then overlaid the fabric with voiles to give more depth to the colour.

 

 
Pic 13

 
Pic 14

 

Once it was complete, I showed it to Himself who immediately said that the dog looked too heavy for a working collie! And once I stepped away from my work to look at it objectively, I saw straight away that he was right! And so I embarked on some selective redesigning, cutting, repositioning and tweeking until I was happier with the over-all shape. And don’t ask what I am going to do with it because I don’t know just yet!

 
Pic 15

 

Pic 16

 
Pic 17

 
Pic 18

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment