Sunday 9 January 2011

BLOG 34


I have moved my workstation into the loft because it is too cold this time of the year to go into the garage in the present freezing temperatures!! And when I am greeted by this array of wonderful rich colour in fabrics and threads, what’s not to like! I can’t wait to get in there amongst it all and get started. My workstation is really my play station.

Creative clutter

When my daughters were 6 and 7, a friend of the family made them small, upholstered chairs of their very own. These have been stored in lofts for many years but have now been brought out for the next generation. Our grand daughter Ella is about to make use of them, one will go home with her and the other will stay here for her regular visits. I find it quite unsettling that my daughters are now 34 and 35 and ask myself just where did the time go?

Ella’s cushion

Ella’s chair

The research for my latest project on Jacobean embroidery and Crewelwork continues. I have never done this sort of embroidery so I have turned to my books to study the stitches and I record ideas on the pages of an old diary. If I can understand how the stitches are formed, just by drawing them, it should be easier to adapt them to my own designs. That’s the theory!

Stitches 1 & 2

Stitches 3, 4 & 5



No comments:

Post a Comment