Sunday 21 August 2016

BLOG 313


BLOG 313

After taking time out to enjoy the Festival of Quilts, it’s now back to what I love doing best; making quilts and immersing myself in colour! Whilst I was at the show, I searched high and low for a suitable fabric for the Garden Trellis quilt as I needed to make progress on it. Here is the fabric I found and I have to say that my chums didn’t think it was right for the job. However, I had that gut feeling that was telling me it might work and it does. I chose this fabric because it was darker than all the fabrics used in the last row of each block and also because it had lots of different colours in it so it would blend in well. It adds depth and definition to the design.

                Lattice fabric

                Definition

The blocks will be set on point which means that the edges have to be filled in with triangles to straighten them. The individual blocks are just pinned on a design wall at the moment so there is still a long way to go to make this into a quilt. But at least the major decisions have been made to establish the ‘flavour’ of the quilt and for that I am grateful.

                   Infill triangles

 Another project that I have embarked on this week is a commission. I have been asked to make 5 colourful cushions (inspired by my Multi-coloured Dream Quilt) and 2 table runners (thread and soldering iron) for Christmas so I need to get on with them. This commission is all about colour so it is right up my street! So the fabrics are out, the iron is switched on, the machine primed and it’s ready, steady GO!

                  Fabrics

          Block

              Bocks cushion 1

               Sequence cushion 2

                Blocks cushion 2


And what made me laugh this week? We have a ginger cat called Chivers and I know, I just know, that he thinks he’s a tiger!

             Chivers?

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment