Sunday 3 February 2019

BLOG 431

Blog 431
 
And so it snowed.  Draped in its delicate white blanket, the garden looks so pretty and somehow ethereal. The volume of snow however means that driving becomes virtually impossible as our lane gets filled in. This means that I can’t get out and, more importantly, nobody can get in which suits me fine. I can just get my head down and concentrate on whatever is on my design wall. Occasionally I do feel the desperate need to be outdoors in the fresh air and the snow-cat is the result of my endeavours!
 
            Snowy outlook


           Snow-cat
 
Indoors, I have made significant and pleasing progress which I have pictured below.  I drafted a master pattern last week and attempted to work closely with it but in the end I found it quite restricting. It was helpful for placement of the various features within the design but I really prefer to work more freely. I started to infill the spaces around the stone with smaller pieces but this proved tedious so in the end I found a suitable foundation fabric and placed that underneath.  I also used a suitable and continuous fabric for the foreground.



            Master pattern foundation
 
 

             Infilling
 
 
 


            Infilled
 
 


            Progress
 
That only left the finer detail: the foliage on the wall, the cat, a pot of primulas and the foxglove and here they are. I am very pleased with the over-all effect through the camera lens but stitchery is what is needed now to enhance the fabrics and to add detail. Bring on more snow!!


             Foliage
 
 

               Foliage progress
 
 


               Foliage in situ
 
 
 


             Cat on wall 1
 
 


          Cat on wall 2
 
 


         Cat on wall 3
 
 


               Cat on wall 4
 
 


           Primulas in progress
 

            Potted primulas
 
 

             Completed picture
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment