Sunday 17 May 2020

BLOG 496

Blog 496
 
I don’t know about you but I am finding that one week seems to blend into another during lockdown; it’s rather like being retired!! We still do our daily walk, I read a lot and the garden has never had so much attention over the past weeks. But I can’t for the life of me tell you where all the rest of the time has gone. I make sure that I know when it’s Friday because that’s gin and tonic day and I look forward to it all week! (Someone once said that if I enjoyed it so much why didn’t I have one every day? I replied that if I had one every day, I wouldn’t enjoy it so much!!) And with all this extra time we have been granted, I seriously thought that I would be turning out masterpiece after masterpiece. Not so! If there is nothing in the way of competitions/exhibitions to aim for, there is no incentive and I have a house full of utility quilts already. I have Linus quilts and scrap quilts waiting to be quilted but nothing terribly special in the creative pipeline. I am thinking my way through some potential technique at the moment but nothing that can be recorded yet in this blog.
 

Today was our NZ neighbour’s 50th birthday so her husband, a computer whiz, organised and chaired a zoom meeting with 60+ participants from around the world. We were part of it … eventually … when we had sussed out the methodology! … and it was great to be part of such a jolly occasion. We all had our bunting and balloons around us and also candles on our individual birthday cakes. We started the quiz but, on one occasion when I left the room, my BH didn’t continue to answer the questions so I guess we came in a spectacular last!! We didn’t hang about to find out! I made her a little wall hanging of felted houses (2 ½”) to remind her of her birthday under house arrest; these are the ones I chose but I forgot to snap the completed hanging.
             House wall hanging
 

 
One of my quilty friends got in touch last week to show me a picture of the 3 infinity scarves that she had made. I loved the look of them and was intrigued about the method so she kindly sent me the details (thanks Veronica!) I cut all my squares to create a charm pack of Batiks and here’s the finished product.
 

            Batik squares
 

              Sewing order
 

              Infinity scarf
 

 
I also made a few more face masks because it looks like we’re going to be asked to wear them when we are out and about amongst larger groups of people. I’m happy as I am at home for the moment and I am enjoying this much more relaxed and unpressured lifestyle.
 

             Face masks
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment