Sunday 13 December 2020

BLOG 526

 

Blog 526

 

This week I have been tidying up the house and my playroom in preparation for the start of a new year. It’s an annual process I go through at this time of the year, getting rid of the old and preparing for the new. The first things that I came across buried under the detritus of my sewing room were some labels that I had made a while ago but I hadn’t finished them off. So I got out my nest of ribbons and the hole-punch and I completed that task. Tick, job done! These labels show a variety of different techniques which I can refer to when necessary; it’s exactly why I make them.

 
Tangled ribbon

 
Labels 1 (DIY fabrics, Ribbon manipulation, Sewing on a plastic bag)

 
Labels 2 (Tessa’s quilt, DIY fabric, Needle weaving)

 
Labels 3 (Rubbing with Markel markers, Silk painting, Watercolour crayons with plastic)

 
Labels 4 (Gwyneth’s cross stitch, Stippling on plastic, Cutwork by machine)

 
Labels 5 (Sketching and line, Applique and stitch, Transfer and embellishment)

 

I also managed to trim and bind the silk throw that just needed stabilising with vertical and horizontal lines sewn ‘in the ditch’. Job done, tick! This has been sold now so it is certainly a boost to my creativity and it is gives me the impetus and the permission to carry on creating!

 

Another UFO that was hanging about waiting for completion was the water colour panel that I had created a few weeks ago. I put it onto wadding and backing and added free-motion stitch detail. I added a deep border to frame and contain the colours before adding extra imagery with sheer fabrics. It just needs to be completed as a cushion now and that is another job that can be ticked off. I’m feeling a bit smug! Here’s the sequence.     


Colourwash

 
Free motion detail

 
Borders

 

Sheer detail

  
Embellishment

 
Completed panel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment