Sunday 14 February 2021

BLOG 535

 

Blog 535


I believe we are having a proper winter this year and, whilst we are in the depths of it, it is a joy to be working with bright summery colours! This week I shut myself in my playroom with its more than ample heater and I immersed myself in the colours of the latest project. What I have created so far is the quilted background onto which I am now adding floral details. With my quilted background firmly pinned onto the design wall, I tend to try out different ideas first; sometimes paper cut-outs help. I invariably work on baking parchment with ready-fused fabric and free-cut the shapes that I need as I go along. I have tried to work with templates but they need preparing first and they are not conducive to spontaneity.  What follows is a series of ‘in progress’ pictures. The creative process has to be fluid and so there is a lot of auditioning and shuffling of shapes as I go along.

 

Background

 

Auditioning 1?

 

2

 

3

 

4

 

5

 

6

 
Free style hollyhocks

 

7

 

8

 

9

 

Nasturtiums

 

10

 

11 Foxgloves

 

12

 

13

 

Almost there

 

No comments:

Post a Comment