Sunday 15 July 2012

BLOG 107


This week I have continued to work my way through ‘unfinished’ projects so I can advance their status towards ‘finished’ projects. I only do this if I want to finish something. If I don’t want to finish it, I put it down to experience and I reclaim what material I can without feeling guilty. It’s a case of ‘Cancel and Continue’.



I came across a Memorabilia box that I had started for myself ages ago. It has rather a lovely Batik fabric on the outside so I have covered the lining pieces of card with a suitable complementary fabric.

The Memorabilia box method was featured weekly from Blog 96 onwards.



 


                            Memorabilia Box

The lining pieces have been stuck inside, the inner and middle lids are in place and the tassel is ready for attaching. Next week I will hopefully have done a decorative top to finish it off.



 


                               Box and tassel

Also this week, I have spent time on the Signature quilt that I am making for my friend’s 60th Birthday. The joy of collecting signatures at a party is that you get to talk to everyone there. Then of course there is no pressure to get it finished for the said birthday because it has been and gone! So I can take my time on this project and do a bit when I feel like it.

Here is a reminder of the block:



 


                            Signature block


The block with the joining strip:



 


                        Joining strip

Two prepared rows:
 

 


                   Two Rows

 And two rows with joining strip:



 


                Joining strip for rows

 Here is a quirky patch; it was signed by family friends after the party, and no-one seems to have noticed that it was on the wrong side. I am keeping it in the quilt because it speaks volumes about the family involved!!



 


                             Quirky signature








No comments:

Post a Comment