Sunday 30 December 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR


HAPPY NEW YEAR to one and all!

As you can imagine, I have been busy on family pursuits over the Christmas period, with the sewing machine and fabrics stowed away for the time being. And whilst I admit to withdrawal symptoms, it is good to have a complete break from it all. I have had my notebook and pencil at hand so that at least I can draw and record ideas that I might like to follow up.

For my final blog this year, I want to direct you to a super website by Bonnie Maccaffrey. She is often seen at the big quilting shows filming quilts or interviewing quilters about their techniques. This year she chose to celebrate our great achievement as a group called ‘The Dumbelles’. We entered a quilt called ‘The Quilters’ Games’ into the Festival of Quilts in August. Following on from the euphoria of the London Olympics 2012, we imagined a mature and hefty Sun Bonnet Sue taking part in sporting activities suitable for quilters. It won the group section and then it was selected as Best of Show. This link will tell you all about it.

Tap this into Google: www.bonniemccaffrey.com

On the right hand side of the home page you will see ‘GO TO ALL VIDCASTS’.

Look for #76 in particular but do remember to enjoy the others as well.

 

I wish you the best of everything for 2013.

And QUILT TILL YOU WILT!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment