Sunday 19 October 2014

BLOG 219


 

This week I have been spending more time on the felted runner that I am making as a wall hanging for the restless room. I am really enjoying the painterly process.

                                                                                             
                                           In progress

 Sometimes I use balls of knitting wool for embellishment. Here are a couple of strands from the ball on the left of the machine.

                                          Knitting wool


Once they are fluffed out the colours are easily blended into the main picture. They make an interesting addition, rather like brush strokes.

                                        Fluffy strands

                                 Needle felted strands


I have now begun to add detail to the foreground in the form of flowers, poppies, daisies and foxgloves. There is some way to go yet.

                                                Poppies

                                             Daisies

                                               Foxgloves
 

In the meantime, I used one of my felted panels to cover a desk diary and now I have sussed out the process, I can see more of these completed in the near future.

                                  Felted cover


I am also showing my village craft group how to make a Xmas wall-hanging. I first did it as a mini workshop for 50+ quilters at an Area Day; they prepared it and then went home to do the machine sewing. My session locally has been strung over several weeks as more people join in each week. Perhaps they will be completed by Xmas!

                   Xmas hanging


There was just one quilting shop in Jackson, and on the wall was the quilt below. I was really taken with it as a way to use up my vast stash of batik fabrics. I will be starting this quilt soon, so watch out for the visual method if you like the look of it. I have since found out that on the internet it is called ‘Disappearing 4-patch’.

                                  Wyoming quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment