Sunday 2 November 2014

BLOG 221


 

This week I am about to take you on a tour of my workroom and what I am about to show you is dreadful really, I feel quite ashamed! It will make you wonder how I can ever manage to create anything at all. The purpose of showing my room is to shame me into doing something about it! That said, this chaotic environment hasn’t stopped me being creative and you will have seen projects that have emerged from the squalor over the last few blogs. At the time everything I needed was at hand somewhere and just needed to be dug out. BUT I have now got to the stage where I can’t stand it anymore and I need to claw back some order and calm before continuing.

                                Entrance

                                     Left side

                             Right side

                                          Far end

                                                    Cutting table

                          Machine and work surface

 And here is the ‘after’ picture following a couple of hours of hard labour! The process was cathartic and, in the process, I have unearthed work-in-progress which had ended up at the bottom of the pile. I shall now spend time doing some finishing off.

                                                        After

 Last week I sold a few diaries covered with felt at Gresford craft group and I have made more to take this coming week. I am still trying to work out my preferred way of making them so these are definitely prototypes. This is just a way of using up the vast amounts of felt that arrived when I order lights, mediums and darks without knowing what I was going to get! I was horrified when huge boxes arrived over-flowing with wool tops. Once the costs have been recovered by felt book sales, I will not make any more to sell. Here’s this week’s stock!

                                          Small note book

                                              Diary front

                                              Diary back

                                       Second poppy scene

                                                     Detail

                                          Completed cover

                                 Coloured cover

                                                    Saleable items

 

No comments:

Post a Comment