Sunday 9 November 2014

BLOG 222

 

I took my saleable felted items, shown in last week’s blog, to Gresford and sold them all. Not only that, I received orders for 6 more, mainly poppies!!! So as you can imagine, I have spent most of this week attempting to fulfil these orders. I don’t want to do items for sale constantly because that would be like mass-production and it would be a very repetitive process. I would rather move forward and develop my skills, building on the groundwork I have laid so far. That said, this foray into selling has given me a focus, a means to an end, and I find that working to order is very productive; I am almost churning them out! But that’s not who I am, I need to make creative progress for my own peace of mind. Anyone who is creative knows that it is scary playing around with ideas and seemingly making no progress, but nothing is ever lost whilst playing. My playing with felt has allowed me to find out how to use the fibres and felt them successfully wet and dry, I have discovered how I personally like to work with felt and I have enjoyed discovering that I can actually ‘paint’ with the strands of colour. Very satisfying! Here are some of the new book covers.

                                                  Diasies

                                    Daisies front

                                   Daisies back

                                                 Clematis

                                    Clematis completed

                                             Autumn

                                  Autumn front

                                    Autumn back
 

Next week I will run through the method I have fine-tuned to cover a book. I have tried many ways but now have an all-in-one method that suits me. In between all the felting, I found time to get out my ready-bonded fabric bits and, just to ring the changes, I tried a wash of colour with some of the off-cuts. This is A4 size and I likey a lotey!

                                       Colourwash

                                                Detail


Whilst child-minding this week, I made a café for our 2 year old granddaughter. We had a cooker, utensils, crockery, plasticine cakes and other goodies, and we set out some small tables with table cloths. After a while, I asked my husband to continue playing with her whilst I went to prepare our lunch. This is what I came back to! Katie just continued to serve him despite his comatosed state!!

                          Childcare Granddad-style

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment