Sunday 7 December 2014

BLOG 226


 

Two more felted strips have been completed as book covers for gifts this week. One is large to take a page-a-week diary and the other is smaller to take a notebook.

 
                                                         Diary cover

                                             Notebook cover
 

The felted wall hanging has been hung in the restless room and here it is in situ. All I need now to complete the refurb is the new quilt which is being quilted-by-chequebook as I speak! It is much lighter than the quilt on the bed at the moment and I think that the blues will tone well with the wall hanging. I won’t know for definite until I see them together but in my mind’s eye I have a good idea of what to expect.

                                            Wall hanging
 

More progress has been made his week on the wall hanging I will be submitting for the exhibition in the Llangollen Quiltfest in February next year. All members in Region 13 of the Quilters’ Guild have been invited to submit an entry on the theme ‘.. I like Region 13 because …’ Whilst not an inspiring theme, there is certainly a lot of scope for interpretation. I have made a map of the region as a backdrop in my painterly style.

                               Region 13

 

And before there are howls of protest, here’s another with the Isle of Man

                   Region 13 complete

 My idea for this challenge is to highlight the diversity of quilting in our region (or any region for that matter) and to do that, I am making lots of different labels to hang around the edges of the map. Here’s one I made earlier using decorative stitchery. I made a template the size of a typical label and sewed a thread picture onto dyed fabric. Here’s the sequence.

                                       Thread picture

                               First edging stitches

      
                        Completed label

                              Colourwash

                       Crazy patchwork

                    Machine quilting


I am just hoping now that we will get snowed in so that I have the best of excuses to slope off into my creative world. That said though, I am being presented with my new sewing machine on Wednesday so perhaps snow isn’t a good idea after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment