Sunday 17 May 2015

BLOG 248


BLOG 248


I did get to sew with my friends last Monday but, unusually for me, I slept in so I had no chance of getting anything together for my scribble drawing experiment before I went. So armed with just a sewing machine and a heap colourful scraps I decided to have a patchwork day instead of a thread day.  I joined strips (no longer than 8”) together at right angles to one another to make several long lines.

                                                    Heap of strips

 I trimmed the joins, ironed the seams and then cut them into 10 ½” strips. I joined these strips together just making sure no colours were duplicated in adjacent rows.

                                                      Joining the strips

 After I had made 6, I began to wonder what multiple blocks would look like (a migraine, a stained glass, a car crash!!) and whether the effort was going to be worth it. Here are two layouts for the blocks.

                                                         Side by side

                                                 Alternating blocks

 ….. And that’s as far as I got because I then fell fowl of a chest infection. I have never had one before and it absolutely floored me. (Well it settee’d me actually because I spent the next 3 days on the sofa.) Even now, after 6 days, I am still delicate with none of my usual energy. If I start to cough it is so painful.  I think it is going to take a lot of shifting. So to pad out this blog, let me show you what I have done with my quilts in the hallway.

                                    Y Gorlan hallway

                                           Display 1

                                               Display 2

 
                                             Display 3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment