Sunday 7 June 2015

BLOG 251


Blog 251

 

The Gresford show gets ever closer. If you are interested in craft, be there because you won’t be disappointed. The catering is excellent too. Here’s the advert!

 

GRESFORD FESTIVAL OF CRAFTS JUNE 16 to 19th

Tues –Thurs 10:30 to 8:00pm Fri 10:30-6:00pm

 

I have been getting more sales stuff ready and here are the positive and negative wall hangings that I will be putting on the sales table; I think I can let them go now. I made them a while ago for my pos/neg book but I hung onto them because the Jacobean style has always been a firm favourite with me. However, I don’t need them for teaching anymore because I am retired and I don’t use them on my walls so someone else might as well enjoy them. They will be sold separately.

                                            Pos/neg Jacobean

                                                    Positive detail

                                                          Negative detail


I have also been doing more machine embroidery items. Here you can see the outside surface of some needle cases. The stitching was done on painted pelmet Vilene with layers of sheers. I am more than pleased with my machine stitching progress over the last couple of years and I am aware that if I had still been teaching quilting that I would never have got round to concentrating on stitch. There is still much to learn!

                                                        Needle case 1

                                                              Needle case 2

                                                         Inside

 This is how they fold and all I need now is a suitable button and loop to complete them.

                                                               Needle cases

No comments:

Post a Comment