Sunday 13 December 2015

BLOG 278


Blog 278

 

I bought a pack of gold cards for my robins; I like the richness of the gold as a back drop for the little fellows. I prefer simplicity too, so that is all I am doing to these cards, apart from signing them and giving them to my crafty friends.


             Robin cards

 And so it’s that time of year again! The old advent calendar, made from a pre-printed panel, is out on display and the grandchildren are making sure that I keep it up to date.

                Advent calendar


Boxes of Xmas ‘stuff’ have been brought out of the loft and the clutter will fill the house until it is all in its allotted space.

            Xmas clutter

               Tree decorations

 Willow has adopted her favourite position under the tree and, taking the evidence of the rotating snowman, she seems to have resumed her favourite pastime of batting them!

              Willow


You might have guessed that I love robins and so a new addition to Xmas this year is a printed robin cushion; I love it and will probably keep it around all of the year. After all, a robin isn’t just for Xmas!

                Printed Robin

He will sit quite happily alongside my ‘painterly’ robin wall hanging which is on the wall all the time.

              Painterly robin


I have managed to construct one of the felted Angels and I have topped it with the mohair that arrived last week. The idea isn’t original; I was inspired by a felted angel seen in a community art shop in Chester. Before I make up the others, I think I need to make longer felted arms/legs to help with the construction of the angels. I hope you are enjoying the inevitable cascade towards Christmas; it will be here before we know it!

            Felted angel

No comments:

Post a Comment