Sunday 6 December 2015

BLOG 277


BLOG 277

 It’s that time of the year again! After completing the Xmas tree project, I have been trying to prepare some Xmas cards and gift ideas. Felting seemed like a good idea for a change so the wools and machine were taken to Suzette’s this week. And how did we know that we were at Suzette’s? Because there is a dog called Cookie! Here she is in a relaxed state and at her most shambolic!

             Cookie


I always get excited when I look at the felt that I have to play with and I can’t wait to get started.

             Palette

 
I began by mashing fibres together to form a small 3” square base; this takes no time at all with the embellisher.

             Mashing fibres

 Onto this base I started to define the back of a bird.

               Back of bird
 

And then I added red and white to look like a robin

            Robin

               Another robin

 
I made 6 in a relatively short time and they are now waiting for machine stitching to define them more fully and bring them to life. These tiles will then be stuck onto a card and sent to special friends. They were quick and fun to do and what’s not to like!

              Robins

 
I did a bit of free-motion, naïve stitching on the robins and love the result.

            Stitched robins
 

Perversely, I really like the backs of these little felted tiles. I think that I have mentioned in the past that I don’t particularly like the fact that the holes are so obvious when felting by machine. I will log away that fact for future reference.

              Wrong side
 

The last thing these little guys need is some light in the eye; this I have done with Tippex!

               Finished tiles
 

Another project I wanted to try was to make angels out of felt. Balls have been rolled, long strips for legs and arms have been fashioned and dresses have been felted. More work is needed on this project to construct the angels and make wings.

              Potential angels


Here is the fibre I have just bought from New Forest Mohair for the angel hair. The bags make my mouth water with their luscious colours and wonderful textures. I hope you are making headway towards Christmas and enjoying the journey rather than panicking about the destination.

              Angel hair

 

2 comments:

  1. I love all the vibrant colours and texture of the felted robins and angels in the making.
    Cookie looks as if she may have had a lot out of her day too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzette. Much as I love your artistic talents One Pin, please please don't take the scissors to Cookie's coat. I love her haphazardness! Many Pins

      Delete