Sunday 17 January 2016

BLOG 283


BLOG 283

 

Amaryllis wars: Finale


            Me: The Uglyrilluses, the morning after the Ball


             Gwenda: Cinderyllis horizontalus: the morning after the Ball


                  Gwenda: Cinderyllis’s shameful moment of realisation

              Gwenda: Conception!

            Me: Uglyrillus auditions for Sound of Music


  
               Gwenda: Cinderyllis gives herself an up-do

                Gwenda: Cinderyllis gives the baby a dummy

                Gwenda: Cinderyllis decides to go back to the balls …. And they all lived happily ever after!

               The faces of R Maryllis 1: I’m here, I’ve arrived!

               Me: 2 Appreciate my ‘in your face’ beauty

             Me: 3 it’s soon over. Just be your own kind of beautiful …. And live happily ever after!


And now we have got that madness out of our system, I will start to share my latest creative endeavours with you all again, which is essentially what this blog is all about. At Suzette’s a couple of weeks ago, I started to mash woollen fibres together with my embellisher. I so enjoyed making the robin tiles for my special Christmas cards that I wanted to make more tiles, this time with colourful houses on, to go alongside some more bird ones. I started with a wide selection of colours and just played, making them roughly 4” square.

                 A palette of fibres

                  A colourful start

              A quirky house

               Tiles awaiting stitch detail.

2 comments:

  1. Shame the amaryllis saga has finished. I was enjoying that.
    Strange isn't it? I have been needlefelting too just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayne. Glad you enjoyed the Amaryllis wars, great fun but we were running out of ideas.
    And what's not to like about felting? All you need is some fibres, some barbed needles and a bit of creativity. Go Girl!
    Dilys

    ReplyDelete