Sunday 1 May 2016

BLOG 298


BLOG 298

In the end I decided that I should attach a square of backing fabric and I sewed 3 lines that went across the strips to hold the backing in place. I numbered them with water erasable marker which will just need a little dab with a damp cloth to remove.

              Backed and numbered

               Sewn

The backing squares are all the floral prints I have left in my stash. I think that a lot of these would be regarded as old fashioned nowadays; I certainly have had them for an age!

           Backing Squares


The first squares I cut were slightly larger than the blocks and they required trimming after sewing, which was a bit of a pain! So I now cut them to the same size as the block to speed things up.

              Cut to size

These are the fabrics I am going to use for the joining strips front and back … perhaps ….! I will make progress for the next time I blog; I desperately want to get this finished for Gresford in June.

              Joining strips

               Auditioning fabric

And talking about next time, on Monday I am going to Ibiza for a week of early sun (fingers crossed!) My sister and husband will be in residence giving us peace of mind that the house is safe and the cats happy. So don’t be hanging about waiting for me to post my blog next Sunday, go and smell the flowers instead.

PS I have sometimes referred to the fact that we live quite remotely in the country, surrounded by fields and fresh air. Can you pick out the cat (Pussy Willow) on the window sill in the sunroom? She was giving herself a good and thorough groom in the sunshine. Little did she know that she had an audience!  And little did the audience know that they had an audience too!

              Audience


 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne, I intend to! Packing is more or less done. I just want to be off!

      Delete