Sunday 22 May 2016

BLOG 300


BLOG 300
I have spent a few hours this week on a rapid project. Last minute as usual, I wanted to quickly make a gift for a friends 40th birthday. The person in question studied marine biology and just loves fish, so I wanted to make something individual for her. Because I wanted to make marks with a soldering iron, I used synthetic felt, fabrics and voiles with Bondaweb as my chosen fusible. Here’s the sequence.

          Foundation

              Added detail

             Voiles

              Machine stitch

              More stitch

             Stitch detail

            Completed stitchery

             Soldering

                 Signature

ASIDE: This week I am excited on two counts. The first is that all 11 bkuetit eggs have hatched as seen by the camera installed in the roof of the nesting box. This is the 7th year I have enjoyed this spectacle and it never ceases to fascinate and amaze me. There will be several fatalities along the way thus ensuring the survival of the fittest and the parent birds will be worn ragged by their constant quest for food.

                 Adult bird and nest

The second reason for joy is that I have flowers on my wisteria for the first time. It was planted 8 years ago shortly after we moved in but apart from runners there has been a blatant lack of the promised blooms! We live on the side of a hill so we are exposed to winds and low temperatures; that perhaps explains why our blooms are only 2” long whereas they are at full stretch everywhere else I have seen them.

             Wisteria

 

 

2 comments:

  1. beautiful work as usual Dilys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Jayne, a lone voice in the wilderness. Thanks for your comments, I appreciate your interest. Dilys

    ReplyDelete