Sunday 17 July 2016

BLOG 308


BLOG 308

……….. And that was the last time I saw the thread butterfly. I don’t know where it went but suspect that it was thrown away by mistake! Not a good idea bearing in mind all the time and effort that went into it.

………….. I have also been working on our latest group quilt for the Festival of Quilts but I can’t tell you anything about that as it is top secret and all will be revealed at the show next month.

So I have made a start on another small project that I need to get done for a child. I once designed 20 blocks for a child’s quilt and I am going to use these once again. The original quilt was done by hand but this will be done by machine for speed.


             Pattern

I selected a pattern and traced the individual shapes onto a fusible (I prefer Bondaweb). Once they were roughly cut out, they were ironed onto selected bright fabrics. They were then cut out on the line, apart from the edges that were to be over-lapped. A small seam was added there.

            Fused pieces

 Because I traced from the RS of the pattern onto a fusible, I needed to use the reverse of the pattern to help with the placement of the pieces. I placed this onto a light box and put the background fabric (calico) over the top.

                Lightbox

                  Construction

             Teddy

                Tortoise

These will be machine appliqued around the edges when I have put them onto wadding. I will probably do 4 pictures in total to make a play mat. More next time!

 I continue to make steady progress on the Garden trellis quilt; this is an on-going project.

 


 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, Your beautiful butterfly! I do hope you find it. Like the time I tidied away our F1 Grand Prix tickets. We did find them, 4 years later!

    Love the teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I've got to ask you if you actually got to attend the F1 Grand Prix? The loss of my butterfly is way below your loss in comparison! I bet you were popular.
    Dilys

    ReplyDelete