Sunday 14 May 2017

BLOG 347


BLOG 347

There is not a lot to see this week as all the effort has been poured into the one project. I have been trying to get the crazy quilt finished. I have layered it and pinned it and got it under the sewing machine now, ready for quilting. To stabilise the layers I have used a walking foot and a variegated thread to do vertical and horizontal lines either side of the seams, using the width of the walking foot as a guide.

            Walking foot


I also felt that there needed to be some quilting around the centre of each block to hold it down. I decided to do my favourite free-motion design of a sprig radiating from the centre. As the fabrics are multi-coloured, a variegated thread blends in nicely and it means I don’t have to be too fussy as it can barely be seen!

                Pencil design

               Sewn design


As the quilt was stabilised with the vertically and horizontally sewn lines, I was able to use a Liberty fabric to make a tight double binding around the edge. All I need to do now is continue sewing the centre motifs and add a sleeve. This quilt will be finished in time. Phew!

                   Binding

No comments:

Post a Comment