Sunday 13 May 2018

BLOG 396

Blog 396
This week I have sold and handed over one of my Contemporary Welsh quilts. You may remember that I made a second one (slightly different) because I wanted to keep one for myself. I wanted to keep one mainly for reference and but also because it was my first attempt at working in this style, so perhaps there was a bit of sentiment behind it too! The colours are not represented too well in the picture as they are much more intense and vibrant! Still, I have managed to let go of a favoured quilt!
 

                 Contemporary Welsh
 

Another quilt I am planning to sell will be the scrap quilt I am making for Gresford. This has been the main concentration of my endeavours this week and I am pleased to say that it will be finished. All 7 rows of 5 blocks have been constructed and here are the rows hanging vertically (instead of sideways) because my design wall isn’t big enough!
              Scrap quilt
 

Next Thursday we are flying out to Poland! This is an unplanned break and therefore a big and eagerly awaited surprise. I have been invited to attend a quilt exhibition called ‘Through the garden gate’ which is a tribute to my signature work and which is also the title of a book I wrote on the subject many years ago. The teacher (Julie, formerly of Higgledy Piggledy) of the classes asked permission to teach the workshop she had attended with me at Higham Hall and I gladly gave her permission. It’s flattering that people want to emulate my work and a great courtesy for them to seek permission; many don’t. As a result there will be many garden gate quilts included in the exhibition for me to see and enjoy as well as an enthusiastic bunch of quilters for me to meet. I can’t wait to see what they have made and I will report on it when I next blog in a couple of weeks’ time. I am also looking forward to exploring Krakow and Zakopane, meeting old friends and visiting a nephew and his family. Below are the pictures that tempted me to go.
 
 
           Garden gate A









 

                Garden gate B
 
 


                      Landscape image
 

              Landscape in progress
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment