Sunday 4 November 2018

BLOG 418

Blog 418
 
I have been busy over the last two or three weeks, mainly clearing the decks (and fabrics!). For what reason I am not quite sure yet but I need (not want but need) to be creative! I coined the expression ‘I feel a quilt coming on’ when I first started teaching over 30 years ago and that creative impulse is as strong as ever in me, even after all this time. It’s good for my fabric and my skill levels to just shove quilts under the sewing machine, but working like that won’t feed my restless creative beast. So 7 Linus quilt tops later and with a lot of empty baskets in my fabric store, I feel I have avoided the design wall for too long. So let’s see what happens … if anything happens … well it has always happened before … what if it doesn’t happen again? … AAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!
 
          2 Linus quilt tops
 

            2 more Linus quilt tops
 

There were many Liberty squares left over from the shaded quilt top that I made so I decided to use these with a neutral fabric to make the simplest of patchwork tops.
             Liberty squares
 

          Construction
 

            Number 5
 

 
Number 6 was made from the left over half-square triangles paired up with a black fabric and Number 7 used up the rest of the 5 ½” squares that I cut to prepare the half-square triangles.
           Number 6
 

          Number 7
 

            Quilt tops
 

These quilt tops will now be put out of sight and therefore out of mind so that I don’t feel pressurised into quilting them imminently. That said, they will be given to the ‘Sharer of the Grandchildren’ who is the Linus rep for N Wales and I will chat to her as to when she needs them most.
 

Looking at my fabric stash now I see lots of empty baskets. I am not hyper-ventilating about this …. Yet … Because there are masses of Batiks and Bali’s to keep me happy J J J!
 

           Fabric stash
 

           Empty baskets
 

          Batiks and Bali’s
 
And here are the framed felted pictures that I finished a couple of weeks ago.


          Houses 1
 
         Houses 2
 

 
            Houses 3
 


                     

No comments:

Post a Comment