Thursday 16 September 2010

BLOG 21

9 in the Cabin (part 2)

Time goes by apace, with many distractions in between the last blog and this one.

My elderly mother (94) has been staying for the past 3 weeks. We have to be very attentive because of her poor mobility, but that is far outweighed by her extremely sharp mind and excellent recall. (I am relying on the genes!)

Her visit is the main reason behind my present quilt making activities. Of an evening, all we do is hand over the TV controls from 7 onwards so that she can watch her mindless soaps whilst we disappear up the corridor, Rog to his computer and me to my studio and sewing machine. It works well.

I have now finished my 24 blocks to make the quilt top and now I need to sample different the layouts to see which I prefer.

Layout 1 shows all the dark sides together to form secondary squares

Layout 2 shows 2 dark sides together to form triangles

Layout 3 shows dark sides together to form lines across the quilt.

Layout 3 is the one I prefer and this is how I will construct the quilt top.

I need a second quilt for the same room and intend to use the same scrap fabrics but a different design.

Here is an image of the constructed centre of the quilt on the bed. I love it!

You will see that it just covers the duvet and really needs borders around all edges to make it sit better on the bed. Willow obviously approves!

No comments:

Post a Comment