Thursday 4 November 2010

BLOG 27

Another manic Monday! I checked my emails this morning only to see that my manuscript had been sent last Thursday for me to do the final design check over the WE. I had been away so I had to knuckled down to it straight away and get my comments back within a couple of hours. Fortunately there wasn’t too much to do and it all went very smoothly. Now there is a huge sense of relief that it is all over for my part as an author and the publishers will send it off to the printers today.

The book is being published by AQS in the USA. Things haven’t run smoothly and we are probably going to be 3 months behind schedule by the time it's on the market. For those who are awaiting its arrival, please be patient a bit longer. It will really be worth having when the time comes: concise step-by-step instructions, lots of illustrations and lovely projects.

This past weekend, I attended the Autumn Quilt Fair at the Three Counties Showground in Malvern. I had assumed that the book would be ready for signing and selling but alas, through no fault on my part, it wasn’t ready. I was able to demonstrate the 2-4-1 method that I use to produce Dual Image Appliqué and I also sold some Christmas patterns that are available on my website if you are interested.

Christmas Patterns at Malvern

There was another reason for being at the quilt show; I had a collection of quilts on show under the title ‘I feel a quilt coming on’. I selected mainly gate and window quilts to go on display and was thrilled to see my quilts en masse, well displayed by the organisers. Here are some of my quilts, not easy to photograph because they were at an angle.

Tiffany in the Attic, Positive and Negative Swallows

Tell Mother I’m ok, Still Life on the Tiles

Spring Gate, Summer Gate

Autumn Gate, Hydrangea Fence

Winter Gate, Hoffman Gate

No comments:

Post a Comment