Sunday 12 August 2012

BLOG 111

This week, along with most of the nation, I have continued to enjoy the Olympics. I know lots about many more competitive events than I would have thought possible and I have found the single minded dedication of the competitors fascinating too. This has left little space for quilt making as I discovered today when I had to sit down a write my Blog!

Another project which needs to be advanced is a bonded picture I started ages ago. I have had to demonstrate my method of ‘painting’ a vase at many workshops, so I am left with lots of samples. I started to use these by placing them onto a ledge and filling them with flowers of different types. This was as far as I got. 
 

 


                                     In progress

 I have discarded a couple of vases at the moment but started to fill the rest with flowers. I guess there will be many different arrangements before I am satisfied with the look.
 

 


                                  More flowers

 I needed to make more daisies to put into the blue vase and here is a reminder of how I make them. I use ready-bonded fabric and cut out the shapes with pinking shears. There is a clamshell-type shape for the centre and free-cut petals. Simple!


 


                                    Daisies

 There is still more space on the right hand side of the picture than I am happy with so just watch this space to see how I resolve the problem. I like the way that the flowers make an off-centre triangle shape at the top of the picture. That will stay as it is.


 


                                   Vases filled

 Next week is the Festival of Quilts at the NEC and I am so excited to be meeting up with the usual group and seeing the reaction to our latest quilt. I doubt it will win prizes but it will certainly entertain which is what we set out to do. I hope those of you who are going will make a point of going to see it. I will be reunited with my Dual Image Jacobean panels too and I look forward to seeing how the judges rated them. Be careful what you say as I might be lurking around there to hear visitor comments. Be gentle with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment