Sunday 7 October 2012

BLOG 119


I have been wrestling with design ideas this week, to come up with a possible solution to a group challenge. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Chester Ps & Qs are having an exhibition in Chester Cathedral next year. Here is the advert; jot it down so you don’t forget!

Chester Heritage Quilt Exhibition
celebrating
30 years of Chester Patchworkers and Quilters
in
The Chapter House of Chester Cathedral
Tuesday 26th February 2013
11.30am – 3.30pm
Wednesday 27th February to Saturday 2nd March 2013
10am – 3.30pm
£3 entry and accompanied children free
All proceeds to Cathedral
I have already been for a 2-hour visit to the cathedral and I have taken photographs and made sketches. I went with a clear and open mind, to look at what was available for inspiration and to record in some way what I saw. I started by drawing, badly I have to say, but whilst I was drawing, I was actually looking and absorbing detail. My sketches are very basic but, because I have done them, I know for certain that my eye followed the shape I was trying to record. Nowadays we are blest with cameras which record and store, but I believe they prevent a person from looking properly. You only have to see a group of tourists get off a bus at any beauty spot, cameras come out, hands go up in front of the face and they see what they are looking at through a 2” x 3” screen. Then it’s snap, snap, snap and back on the bus again. In my opinion, that’s recording not looking.

Here are my basic sketches:

 

                   Basic sketches

 I came back home with my head buzzing with all manner of inspiration but no nearer knowing what I was going to do. So, I started by reviewing the sketches and pictures, and made a flow chart with Cathedral in the centre and words radiating from it.

 
 

 

                                Flow chart
Because of the rigidity and loftiness of the structure of the cathedral, I started to think in terms of being enclosed and uplifted. I played around with the idea of a box first; perhaps an open box built somehow from the materials I had seen there but with colour/energy flowing from it.
 

 

                             Boxes?
Then I had the bright idea of a tree, rooted in centuries of faith and flourishing and growing upwards. The tree would reach towards the light which is a traditional religious concept. And so the doodling with a pencil started, on my lap, in front of the TV, almost subconsciously.


 
                            Trees?
I got distracted at one stage when I remembered that I had a huge, already quilted watercolour picture, made years ago, and I wondered if I could adapt this to meet the challenge; it would save a lot of time after all! There was a pathway, leading towards a sunset on the horizon so more religious analogies there. All it needed was an open gate and Bob’s your uncle!! I looked at it and acknowledged its potential but decided not to use it for this particular project.

 

                             A diversion?
So back to the trees to see what developed. The trees gradually became more stylised and I started to see potential in the final design. There is still a lot to do mentally before I make a start and draft the scaled up, working pattern.
 

 

                                     More trees

 
                         Final design idea

5 comments:

  1. nativedoctor101@live.com MERUJA OWO... SCAM ARTIST,,,BEWARE,,, USER Doris( post on this forum) is a scam artist who advertises for this nigerian scam artist NATIVEDOCTOR101@LIVE.COM.... Meruja took me for 650$ canadian dollars. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST FROM NIGERIA. MERUJA OWO will ask you to send him money western union and than he will haggle you for more and more money and he is fake with no results. HE IS A SCAM BEWARE,, HE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR FRAUD AND WILL BE GOING TO JAIL. DO NOT USE THIS MAN BC HE WILL STEAL YOU MONEY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nativedoctor101@live.com MERUJA OWO... SCAM ARTIST,,,BEWARE,,, USER Doris( post on this forum) is a scam artist who advertises for this nigerian scam artist NATIVEDOCTOR101@LIVE.COM.... Meruja took me for 650$ canadian dollars. HE IS A SCAM ARTIST FROM NIGERIA. MERUJA OWO will ask you to send him money western union and than he will haggle you for more and more money and he is fake with no results. HE IS A SCAM BEWARE,, HE IS BEING INVESTIGATED FOR FRAUD AND WILL BE GOING TO JAIL. DO NOT USE THIS MAN BC HE WILL STEAL YOU MONEY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i’m from California i have been married for 4years and i have a break up with my husband 3months ago and i was worried and so confuse because i love him so much. i was really going too depressed and a friend directed me to this spell caster Dr. Laco and i made all my problems known to him and he told me not to worry that he was going to make my husband to come back to me and in just 48hours i receive a call from my husband and he was appealing that i should come back to the house. i have never in my life believe in spell and but now it have just helped me and i am now so happy. All Thanks to him and if you also want to have your Husband back to yourself here !! his email Address lacopowerfulspellcaster@yahoo.com i am so happy to testify of your work and kindness

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will love to share my testimony to all the people in the world, because someone out there might have same problem on how i got the love of my life back, to be with me he left me to another woman for no reason and i try to make things work for both of us yet things where getting worse and i love him so much and there is nothing i could do to get him back until i met a testimony share by violet from UK on the internet talking about a powerful spell caster who brought her lover back within 12hours and i decide to give him a try and to my greatest surprise he also did it for me just as he did for violet. Dr Orissa you are a great spell caster who help me to solve my problem.After three day my lover called and told me he is coming back to sought out things with me, I was surprise when I saw him and he started crying for forgiveness and that he never knew what came over him that he will never leave me again. Right now I am the happiest woman on earth for what this great spell caster did for me and i have introduce many of my friends that have a similar problems,and their problem were solve easily with the great help of Dr.Amba, you can contact him via email; ambatemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never believed in love spells or magic until i met this spell caster when i went to Africa in February this year on a business summit. I meant a man who’s name is DR. Kabaka. he is really powerful and could help cast spells to bring back one’s gone, lost, misbehaving lover and magic or spell for a good job or luck spell .I’m now happy & a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 3 weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down cos our relationship has been on for 6years. I really loved him, but his mother was against us and he had no good paying job. So when i met this spell caster, i told him what happened and explained the situation of things to him. At first i was undecided, skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try. And in 7 days when i returned to usa, my boyfriend (now husband) called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled with his mom and family and he got a new job interview so we should get married. I didn’t believe it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and my boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do. Well we are happily married now and we are expecting our little kid, and my husband also got the new job and our lives became much better. His email drkabakaspiritualtemple@gmail.com :or call +2349015857861

    ReplyDelete