Wednesday 27 March 2013

BLOG 141


Sorry about the late posting of my blog this week. I have been away teaching at Alston Hall for the WE and then I went further north to visit my mother for a couple of days. I have been away from the computer for 5 days and, I must say, it has been rather a relaxing experience. I am aware that some of my regular readers tune in each Sunday expecting to see what I have posted, so hopefully better late than never. (ASIDE: My mother continues to do well after her bout in hospital with a severe chest infection and she has weaned herself off the oxygen again. I hope I have inherited her grit and determination!)

It is always a pleasure to be at Alston Hall where I meet my experienced regulars who take what I throw at them, have a go and then develop the ideas. This year I chose to teach technique under the broad umbrella of Fused Piecing, to include traditional and on-point patchwork and tonal strips, square within a square and crazy patchwork. Here are my teaching samples.

         
 

                        Teaching samples
And here, as a feast in pictures, are the results. Enjoy!
 


   
 

 

 

 

 















 



 
 

 

 



 


 



 

 
Quilting is all about sharing and these were the other treasures that turned up at the WE.
 

 



 

 
 



 

 

 



 



 



 


Four weren’t able to attend the course because of adverse weather conditions and they were sorely missed. I hope they are able to join us next year, when as well as Jacobean positive and negative, I will be doing some free-form fabric pictures as shown below. Hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment