Sunday 13 October 2013

BLOG 170


 

 

My main focus this week has been non-creative. Instead it has been emotionally wrapped around the final days of my mother, Doris Osmotherley, who died on Tuesday 8th October. Although it wasn’t entirely unexpected at 97, it was a great shock when it actually happened. My sister, brother and wife and I were with her till the end which will be of some comfort to us eventually when the raw and intense emotions of the occasion subside. She was a good Mam, fiercely proud of her Welshness and amazingly devoted to her extensive family.

She will be greatly missed but lovingly remembered by us all.

 

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your news. It is like the end of a generation. I am sure there are many happy memories to cherish.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Sue.
      Now that the formalities are over, I can start to move forward.
      Dilys

      Delete
  2. Carol Davies
    Thinking of you and the family as always.Knowing how much you loved her and her you.
    Another star in the sky to watch and guide over you Guide you ,comfort and uphold you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol and thanks for your support. I think of her now as part of me
      and I am carrying both my parents' genes wherever I go. I take some
      comfort from that.
      Dilys

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your mother's passing and hope that your many memories and the support of your family and friends are of great comfort to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria for your sympathy. I have had so many cards and sentiments
      that I can confirm how important it is for people to remember me and my sorrow
      in this way.
      Lots of memories to cherish too.
      Dilys

      Delete