Monday 23 December 2013

BLOG 179

 

Since I have been retired, I have had no idea of the date and if someone asks me, all I can say with any conviction is that it is December! I like to be without my watch because I don’t have to work to a timetable anymore and being aware of the time is not that important now. Time is still very precious to me though but it is mine now to do what I like with it. So I hadn’t realised that it was Sunday yesterday and I can only apologise to my regular visitors for not posting my blog as usual.

I admit to being feather-brained and this year is no exception. I mentally logged Christmas Day to be on a Tuesday this year so it came as a bit of a surprise to discover that I had an extra day to play with before the ‘cooking of the turkey day’. We had the neighbours in for an open house evening last night so Sunday became known as ‘Open house day’. Monday became ‘pick up turkey and stilton day’ and Tuesday has now become ‘picking up outstanding present day’! I should have looked at the advent calendar because it was keeping the time quite well and now it is telling me that there is just 1 more day before Santa is due to arrive!

                Advent calendar
 

The Robin is on the wall with the cards.

                                Robin and cards


The angels are on the rafters

                                             Angels


A Christmas quilt is on the pew.

                                       Pew and quilt


The patchwork tree is laden in the hallway.

                 Patchwork tree


The fireplace is dressed.

                                           Fireplace

The cracker quilt is on the settee.

                                         Cracker quilt


And Willow has taken up residence on the back of the other settee.

                   Willow and quilt

The kitchen table is covered.

                                         Kitchen table


And the windows are dressed.

                                                     Windows


I just love Christmas, it is not only for children; it is for me too! It appeals to the child in me and I love the redness and greenness of it all. A very happy Christmas to you all! Why don’t you send a greeting to my blog, (click on ‘comments’) I would love to receive them.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment