Sunday 27 September 2015

BLOG 267


BLOG 267

…… And whilst I was contemplating the garden last week and wondering how to use it as inspiration, I was also thinking a lot about the Calendar quilt. This wretched quilt has been on the go for several years and I have attacked it in fits and starts over that lengthy period. It has taken centre stage on my design wall many times and then it has been moved to make way for something else. It was always being side-lined and there must have been a reason for this. So I have come to the conclusion that, basically, I don’t like the way it is progressing and so I don’t want to see it through to completion.  I have decided to give myself permission to abandon this project (Hallelujah!). And you can’t believe how liberating this has been for me. And now let the demolition process begin. I decided to retrieve the thread flowers from the two quilted blocks, so I took them off and threw those squares into the bin (yes really)!

                                       Binned


Then I pondered what was left over on the design wall to see what I could rescu


                                           Left-overs

 I removed the paper patterns that I had half-heartedly designed and threw them in the waste paper bin.


                                                             Rejects

 

And truly, these are going out of the door because they are in the big plastic bag with all the other rubbish. There will be no second thoughts which is why they need to go rapidly. This goes against the grain as I am not usually the sort to waste fabric and effort but sometimes it just has to be done.

                                            Rubbish bag


And now I need to rescue what I can of the remaining fabric and see what I can come up with. The remaining thread flowers were just pinned in place so I was able to reclaim a lot of pins and a pile of thread posies.

 

Thread posies

 

And the next thing is to make a decision on what I can save from the colour washed background and how I can use it. I am now much happier about going into my studio and feel as though it is back under my control rather than being ruled by that wretched quilt. Oh Joy!

                                    Where next?

No comments:

Post a Comment