Sunday 19 June 2016

BLOG 304


BLOG 304
What a difference a week makes. The Gresford exhibition has been and gone and such a lot of effort was invested in it by so many different people. It took us most of Monday to put up the exhibition carefully and thoughtfully but it took all of half an hour to take it down! I am responsible for hanging the quilts and this is an important job because it is the quilts that fill the vertical space inside the church; without them the space would look bare. So it is with apprehension that I observe the quilts arriving, hoping that there will be sufficient to hang on the 8 sets of frames. I needn’t have worried as sufficient quilts, large and small, were handed in. Here are my exhibits in situ.



         Whirligig quilt

            Sunshine and Shadow quilt

              Multi-coloured Dream quilt

                 Thread flowers

              Table runner

                 General view

               Xmas display

               More quilts 1

               More quilts 2

I put a price on my Multi-coloured Dream quilt and the Sunshine and Shadow quilt and I am delighted to say that I sold them both. This was bitter/sweet in many ways as I loved both of these quilts. I actually had to physically restrain myself from starting another Multi-coloured Dream quilt as soon as I got home. I rarely make the same quilt twice so I will just have to find another way of using my colourful fabrics; that will be a joy to come.

Once the exhibition was put up there was a big gap in my life, the calm after the creative storm so to speak so I turned to my Brusho paints which I have had for 3 years and started to play with them. These paints are small tubs of powdered watercolour pigment and I started by finding out how to use them. I first prepared a chart of all the individual colours, and then I tried two different experiments: I sprinkled the paint onto paper and then sprayed water across the page and then I wetted the paper and sprinkled the paint across it. The colours were amazing. I can see lots of scope here!

              Brusho

           Palette

                 Sprinkle and wet

I will be able to give a fuller report on the success of Gresford next week when we find out what moneys we have raised for our nominated charities.


           Wet and sprinkle

               Masking on paper

            Masking on fabric

               Sprinkling onto wet fabric

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Your "wet and sprinkle" looks like a wonderful tree in autumn.

    Wonderful experiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne
      Hope you are fully rested after our frantic exhibition week.
      Look forward to hearing what we raised for our chosen charities in the morning.
      Dilys

      Delete