Sunday 26 June 2016

BLOG 305


BLOG 305
I have just got back from a weekend away so this will be a rapid blog. This weekend has been my sister’s Golden Wedding Anniversary so a super family gathering and a ‘Do’ was organised. Here’s what I found when I got back; Willow had made herself at home on my new table runner. Is that disrespect or what?!

 
              Sitting comfortably

 For an original gift for this wedding anniversary, I sprayed a box with gold paint.

             Gold box

I used rainbow colours to line the interior of the box.

                    Interior

I then sprayed a small pottery vase with gold paint.

                Golden pot

The pot was filled with £50 in one pound coins. Chocolate coins and Ferrero Roche chocolates were used to top up the pot and fill the box. It was labelled as Gwyn and Pete’s pot of gold.

                 Chocolate coins

I always like to make a card too and this one utilised the decorative stitches on my sewing machine. I sewed through a layer of fabric and wadding, trimmed the edge with a pinked rotary cutter and stuck it on a piece of card.

                 Card
I haven’t been idle after the Gresford show as I have to have a project on the go. Here is a sneak preview.

                Untitled as yet

3 comments:

  1. Norty Willow.

    Smashing idea for a Golden Anniversary gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, very norty Willow!
    This idea could be adapted for a Silver wedding gift too .... and you could use silver coins and silver spray instead.
    Dilys

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great gifts avail in silver wedding gift blog thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete