Sunday 13 November 2016


BLOG 323

Vertigo is still my constant companion but not quite so severely now. There are still certain head movements that I find problematic so I make sure that I don’t do them! That said it hasn’t stopped me sewing and this week there is a new quilt on the block. All the rows were joined together in stages, and the strips on the back were hand sewn down to finish them off. The corners needed squaring off and this I did with a square ruler and rotary cutter before trimming around the entire outer edge. A double binding was added and a great feeling of pride and satisfaction was felt!

            Squaring off

              Ruler position

            Trimmed

           Displayed on the settle

          Displayed on the bed

On the other side of the studio, progress has also been made on the first table runner. I love the mark making with the soldering iron best of all so this was a real joy to do! I have to wear a respirator for this because of all the synthetic fumes and look a real honey! I have to make sure that I finish wearing it about 3 hours before I go out so that the pressure marks disappear from my face!

          Mark making 1

                Mark making 2

           Mark making 3

            Mark making 4

Some more progress has been made on the second runner too with the colourful layer of sheer fabrics being ironed in place. I am half way along the 7 feet and itching to get it to the next stage.

                Sheers

2 comments:

  1. We need a photo of you in your respirator mask!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, you are certainly not getting one!! D

      Delete